Spring means an end to freezing winter nights and waking up in the dark, plus all of your favourite berries are finally in season. Make the most of the extra hours of daylight with this quick and delicious dessert that only has 4 ingredients! It’s free from added-sugars and is perfect for an after-school snack.
Recipe thanks to Kylie from Kidgredients, if you’d like to check out more of Kylie’s delicious recipes visit kidgredients.com.au
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
250 grams fresh or frozen berries
1/2 cup smooth ricotta
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Allow the pastry to thaw.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 4 squares and fold a 1cm border around the edges of each square.
- Place on a lined oven tray.
- Mix the ricotta and vanilla together and smear over each pastry square within the border.
- Top with the berries and bake at 220°C degrees for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Serve with icing-sugar or ice-cream if desired and enjoy!