Ward off the lingering winter chill and fit in your daily 5 servings of veggies with this classic chicken noodle soup.
Best of all, put it on to cook in the morning and it’s ready to eat in minutes after you walk in the door.
- 1kg chicken-breast or thigh
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 3 tsp garlic, crushed
- Dried thyme and rosemary to season
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 1 ltr water
- 250g pasta
- Add the chicken, onions, carrots, potato, garlic, thyme, and rosemary to your slow-cooker and season with pepper. Pour in chicken stock and water.
- Cover and cook on a low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow-cooker and add pasta.
- Cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is soft. Serve and enjoy!