We all know to check the expiration dates on our favourite foods and drinks but what about household products? Does Bleach & Co. have an expiration date?
The answer is Yes! Chances are many of these items are sitting around your home long past their “best by” date meaning they might not be as effective anymore. So here's a handy list that will help you decide which household products need to be thrown out or replaced.
- Air Freshener (aerosol): 2 years
- Bathroom Cleaner: 1 year
- Bleach: 6 to 12 months
- Dishwasher Detergent – opened: 6 months; unopened: 9 to 12 months
- Drano: 2 years
- Fabric Softener: 1 year
- Laundry Detergent (liquid or powder) – opened: 6 months; unopened: 9 to 12 months
- Metal Polish (silver, copper, brass): 3 years
- Plain Vinegar: doesn't expire
- Window and Surface Cleaner: 2 years